Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shortest. Update. Ever.

Nothing happened.

Okay, okay.  I'll give you more detail.

BM is still incarcerated.  Because she gives a different last name every time she gets picked up, the OTP (order to produce) put in by the DA wasn't followed through; it had her legal last name, which didn't match the last name she gave when she was booked this last time.  So, she wasn't at court.

As it turned out, it didn't matter anyway.  Her attorney hasn't been able to get a hold of her (no surprise to anyone who has known her any length of time, as no attorney in the history of attorneys has ever been able to get a hold of her), and he told the DA last week that he was planning to dismiss his motion to request visitation.  He didn't even know until today that she was in custody!

What would have been nice is if he or the DA had let the CW know this was going to happen.  It was quite the waste of time.  (By the way, being incarcerated, she wouldn't have gotten visitation anyway.)

However, the next hearing is in December for the Pre-Trial.  There won't be a chance to ask for visitation again before that.  TBSS.  A comment her attorney made sounded like he is trying to convince her to do voluntary, which only makes sense.  She is the only person involved in this case who thinks she has a chance.

So, that's that.  You may now return to your regularly scheduled...  uh....  Facebook stalking.  ;-)

Monday, October 29, 2012


I realize I never posted an update after court last time.  The truth is, I was too disappointed to try to formulate any concrete thoughts on the matter.

Nothing happened.  We half-expected BM to voluntarily terminate, since she had been claiming she was going to, and we knew her lawyer was counseling her to do so.  However, she showed up at court and decided she was "better" and was going to fight it.  She honestly believed she had a chance to get him back.  She already didn't.  The next day she was arrested for bail violation and has been incarcerated since then.  Tomorrow there is a hearing for her to request visitation, which has been suspended since the beginning of August. 

She has a sentencing hearing next week for her multiple outstanding criminal charges.  We don't know what will happen there, but there is potential for her to get time.  That just gives her even less of a chance at trial.

The trial is scheduled for December, but there is about a 90% chance it will get rescheduled, since the court schedules 5 hearings for every Monday, and if more than one of them are trials that go forward, they are taken in order of who has been waiting the longest.  That won't be us.  So we will probably end rescheduled for February or March.

I'm still praying the way I've been praying all along: that BM will come tomorrow and realize that she does not have a chance and voluntarily terminate.  There is so much going on between the two cases right now that it would just be nice to get a small reprieve in all of this.  As always, I'm not getting my hopes up; but I can still continue to pray.

I will try to post an update after tomorrow morning's hearing.  No promises though, obviously.