Monday, October 29, 2012


I realize I never posted an update after court last time.  The truth is, I was too disappointed to try to formulate any concrete thoughts on the matter.

Nothing happened.  We half-expected BM to voluntarily terminate, since she had been claiming she was going to, and we knew her lawyer was counseling her to do so.  However, she showed up at court and decided she was "better" and was going to fight it.  She honestly believed she had a chance to get him back.  She already didn't.  The next day she was arrested for bail violation and has been incarcerated since then.  Tomorrow there is a hearing for her to request visitation, which has been suspended since the beginning of August. 

She has a sentencing hearing next week for her multiple outstanding criminal charges.  We don't know what will happen there, but there is potential for her to get time.  That just gives her even less of a chance at trial.

The trial is scheduled for December, but there is about a 90% chance it will get rescheduled, since the court schedules 5 hearings for every Monday, and if more than one of them are trials that go forward, they are taken in order of who has been waiting the longest.  That won't be us.  So we will probably end rescheduled for February or March.

I'm still praying the way I've been praying all along: that BM will come tomorrow and realize that she does not have a chance and voluntarily terminate.  There is so much going on between the two cases right now that it would just be nice to get a small reprieve in all of this.  As always, I'm not getting my hopes up; but I can still continue to pray.

I will try to post an update after tomorrow morning's hearing.  No promises though, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment