Friday, August 6, 2010

Mishmash

It seems my motivation from this week wasn't missing - it was just hiding.  And compounding.  And planning to hit me unawares, apparently.  Today I got hit with a burst of energy and a side of compulsion.  Or was it the other way around?  Hmmm, yeah, come to think of it: strike that; reverse it.  Anyway, I did six loads of laundry, changed the sheets on three out of four beds, and somehow in between all that, got our bedroom cleaned from top to bottom.  I had additional plans on the docket, but I won't complain (out loud).

Hunter had what I would almost call a breakthrough week in his summer school work.  His cursive writing has started to noticeably improve; he came up (last week) with his own method to improve reading comprehension and used it all week with the book he read this week; and he is working really hard to get his basic multiplication facts memorized.  Today I made the decision, and told him, that if he does really well on next week's work, we will be done with summer school 2010.  I think we will start the fall semester the day after Labor Day, so he needs three weeks off before then.  This also sets a good stage for us to take a 9 week on, 3 week off, pattern of study for the 2010-2011 year, which we are considering as an alternative to the traditional schedule of 9 months on, 3 months off.

My mom comes home on Thursday, and while I know she is very much enjoying her time away, I have to admit I can't wait for her to come home.  And not because I need a babysitter, because I don't - I just miss my mom!

In the last two weeks, I have taken the kids to visit their Great Grandparents twice, and I have another day already planned for next week.  As silly as it may seem, I am actually quite proud of myself for this.  I still get nervous when I leave them there, but so far it has gone well.  The kids are well established in their routine and behaviors, so I am proud of them for that; they have been behaving themselves very well at their GG's house.  It has been really good for me too, because it gives me a whole day to myself - which I need anyway - and I have been able to get a lot of work done on the novel.

Well, it's 10 p.m. and the kids just finished their movie, so I'm off to tuck them in.  Then I'm going to start my quiet and relaxing weekend by curling up in bed with my hubby and watching a little T.V. before going to sleep.  Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment