Thursday, September 2, 2010

Busy... and Not so Busy

So it's been kind of busy around here.  I spent a lot of time this week writing: editing the current novel, reading excerpts of other people's novels, and writing query letters, not to mention doing a bit of setup for the next novel, the writing of which begins in November.  There is much cleaning to get done around here, as we will be having guests for two days this Labor Day weekend: a friend of mine from college and her daughter.  Much fun is planned.  I love reunions, almost as much as I love having guests!

Today I ordered Hunter's school books for this year.  I had a lot of fun researching and selecting books for Reading Comprehension, Health, Science, Spelling, and Bible.  I am also having fun planning my own curricula for Math, Literature, and Social Studies.  I'm sure that as we work our way through the year, our plans will bend and in some cases take paths other than what we originally planned - but that's a HUGE benefit to homeschooling.  I'm really excited about the idea of creating our learning as we go.

And in the midst of the busy-ness around here, I've been giving the kids a week to just relax and not worry about too many responsibilities, as a sort of break before starting school next week.  It's mostly Hunter who is affected by this, as Kaleigh, at the age of four, has few household responsibilities and won't be held to any formal academics this year.  I think they are both enjoying the chance to relax and recharge though.

I guess that's it for now.  More to come as we begin our big adventure next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment