Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rambly Update

Well, I made some progress with packing yesterday, although it didn't really feel like it.  I packed three more boxes of books - all of our books are now packed with the exception of Kaleigh's books, and a few of Hunter's and my books because we will definitely need something to read in the next few months.  I also bubble wrapped some breakables which I had taken down and set carefully in boxes.  I'm getting rid of any knick-knacks that don't have sentimental value, but that still leaves a fair number of items that are purely ornamental.  Well, a few of them also play music.  Some of them will go nicely in Kaleigh's new pastel yellow and lavender room, but I haven't decided where the others will go; perhaps the library.

Hunter is on a quarter break right now.  It was actually supposed to be the week before last, but I lost track of time, and it worked out well because he got to start with the blizzard last week; so he didn't feel left out when all the other kids in the neighborhood had a snow day!

My husband just called as I was typing.  He was just surrounded by a car accident caused by the guy behind him reading a message on his phone when the rest of traffic came to a screeching halt.  The cars behind and next to Randy were in a collision; Randy was completely protected and was not even touched by any part of the accident.  I am simultaneously thanking God for keeping him safe and praying that those who were hit are all safe and not injured.

In two days the form we need should be available on the IRS site and we should be able to file our taxes.  For the first time EVER, I cannot wait to file.  I also can't stop thinking about the new house.  I'm a little nervous too, because that's what change does to me; but I know God has a plan for us and will get us through it, and I keep reminding myself of that.  One thing I'm really looking forward to in relation to the area to which we are moving is that I will be able to reconnect with a couple of friends.  Being where we are now has made it difficult to get together with people; this move will make socializing - for both me and the kids - more... convenient.  And while I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how great that will be for the kids (they do get regular socialization, but they are very social beings, and would do well with a little more), I'm beginning to realize that it will probably also be good for me.  I know, it seems obvious; but try to remember that I am not at all a social being; for the most part in general I prefer being alone.

For today, I suppose I will continue to focus on the living room.  There are a bunch of loose movies and cd's in there that belong elsewhere, but that would actually be a good thing for the kids to help me with.  I can probably go ahead and start packing up cd's, too, now that I think about it.  We don't use them all that often right now, and they're not as organized as they used to be either.  Might be a good idea to just start that one fresh in the new house.

Children are stirring.  Time to go make breakfast and do Zumba!  Happy Tuesday :).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment