Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Supercalifragilisticexpalidocious

Yes, that is the correct spelling, according to Disney and my seventh grade spelling and vocab teacher.  No, I am not missing a letter.

This is the word to describe my dear and wonderful husband.  (No, he does not know I am writing this, and so no, I am not writing this to get "extra points."  Just in case you were wondering.)

Now, on Friday night, when I left the house, two out-of-control-with-excitement children in tow, for the YMCA, this incredible husband of mine was already the greatest husband on the planet.  He has, since then, surpassed himself as the greatest husband on the planet.

Let me 'splain.  No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

He was very torn when he found out these kids were back in foster care.  Not because he had gotten so attached to them last time - but because I had gotten so attached to them.  What he was torn over was the fact that he knew I would want them back here, and his worry over how absolutely insane (he thought) that would make life both for me and for us as a family.  When we finally agreed (read: I convinced him) to take them on an emergency basis (that is, they would not stay here indefinitely or with the intent to adopt them, if that became an option), he jumped right in, feet first and fists flying.  He has been helpful, assisting, supportive, and willing to do anything he needed to do.

Now, I don't write this to say, "Wow, my husband is so irresponsible and is finally showing some initiative," or to make anyone think that he would not normally step up and help out.  He always has, and I have always known he would.  But I DO think that a lot of men would just be there and let their wives do all the "motherly" stuff when it came to a situation like this.  MY man has never been that way, and I just feel that it is necessary for me to state how much I appreciate it.  He very easily could have said, "Yes, they can stay here, but you need to take the majority of the responsibility for them."  And he never did, and he never would.  I just think it deserves recognition.

I love him, and I'm so glad God brought him into my life :).

No comments:

Post a Comment