Monday, July 2, 2012

Brave(?)

I keep telling myself I'm going to blog more.

It doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe I'm not taking myself seriously enough.

Or maybe I just have a few too many kids to chase around the house all day ;-).

I am still thoroughly enjoying Mommyhood-of-Four.  I'm enjoying it so much, in fact, that I ventured 750 miles from home with the four of them WITHOUT MY HUSBAND.  Several people told me how brave I am; I'm pretty sure it's just the final proof that I am absolutely insane.  

Seriously, though, it was a really good time.  We went down to my grandparents' house in El Dorado, Kansas, where we spent three days and were able to celebrate my great aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary and my grandfather's 80th birthday!  It was such a blessing to be able to be there and see what God has done in the longevity of these special lives and relationships.  It was also very awesome to see so many family members that I haven't seen in a year or more - and some of those that I "saw" a year ago, I didn't get to spend any time with, so the chance to spend more time with them made the trip extra special.

After we left El Dorado, we spent three days in Kearney, Missouri (just northeast of Kansas City), with my best friend from college, Shannon.  It's been a year since we've seen her, too, so it was a really good time.  

Now that we're home, Randy has the week off work, and we have plans to get some home projects done this week.  We also have a few family plans in mind.  Actually, we carried some of those plans out today - we picked up sandwiches at a local sub deli and went out by the lake for a picnic, then took our library books back (and got new ones, of course!)  Tomorrow my mom is coming over to stay with the baby while we take the big kids to see Brave.  Tomorrow night, Randy and I are going to get some painting done, and then my family is coming over Wednesday for a cookout.  

Tomorrow morning, the worker from the GAL's office is coming to see K3.  After that, I will have a post with an update about both the kids' cases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment